- Who We Are
- What We Do
- How to Apply/Renew
Some of our pages provide links to other websites. These websites are operated by independent third-party entities, and JFEW is not responsible for the products or services offered or the information contained on these websites. The inclusion of any such links on the Website pages shall not constitute an endorsement of, or representation or warranty by, JFEW regarding such websites, the content of such websites, the products or services of such websites, or the operators of such websites. JFEW HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INFORMATION, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES POSTED OR OFFERED AT ANY WEBSITE TO WHICH THE WEBSITE LINKS.
In order to access some features of the Website, you will have to create an alumna or student profile account (an "Account"). Your Account may not be shared, transferred, or sold to other parties. When creating your Account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your Account, and you must keep your Account password secure. You must notify JFEW immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your Account. Although JFEW will not be liable for any losses caused by any unauthorized use of your Account, you may be liable for the losses of JFEW or others due to such unauthorized use. You may never use another user's Account.
Rules for Online Conduct
You agree to use the Website in accordance with all applicable laws. Because JFEW is a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization, you agree that you will not use the Website for organized partisan political activities or commercial purposes. You further agree that you will use all of the services or information provided on the Website in accordance with the rules of conduct set forth below. This includes interactions with other users by email, web post, postal mail, or phone.
You may not input, distribute, upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any content through the Website that:
1. is promotional in nature, including solicitations for funds or business, or constitutes junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or the like, without the prior written authorization of JFEW;
2. is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
3. you do not have the right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
4. contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
5. is harmful to minors; or
6. constitutes personally identifiable information of any other person that such person has not authorized you to disclose.
You may not attempt to use or distribute tools designed for compromising security or take any action to compromise the security of the Website. Examples of these tools include, but are not limited to, password guessing programs, cracking tools or network probing tools. You may not "flood" or disrupt the Website through any means or process. You agree that you will not access or attempt to access any other user's Account, or misrepresent or attempt to misrepresent your identity while using the Website.
Trademarks, Copyrights and other Intellectual Property
JFEW owns or otherwise has the rights to use the content contained on the Website and such content is protected by applicable copyrights, trademarks, service marks, and/or other intellectual property rights. Content on the Website is provided for your personal, non-commercial use only and may not be downloaded, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of JFEW. In addition, you may not copy, distribute, modify, post, frame or deep link the Website, including any text, graphics, video, audio, software code, user interface design or logos featured on the Website. JFEW hereby expressly reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website and its content.
You may not input, distribute, upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any content through the Website that is protected by copyright, trademark and/or other intellectual property rights owned by a third party without the express permission of such third party. You are responsible for determining whether any such third-party content is protected by intellectual property rights, and for obtaining the appropriate permission from such third party. You shall be solely liable for any and all liability for any type of damages including, but not limited to, indirect, incidental, consequential or special damages, or losses or expenses, resulting from any infringement of any intellectual property rights, or any other harm resulting from, your input, distribution, uploading, posting, e-mailing, transmission or otherwise making available any content through the Website.
By submitting content to any publicly accessible area of the Website, you automatically grant, or warrant that the owner of such content has expressly granted to JFEW the non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual right and license to use, reproduce, copy, perform, display, modify, adapt, publish, translate and distribute such material (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed for the full term of any intellectual property rights that may exist in such material. You also permit any other users of the Website to access, view, store or reproduce the material for that user's personal use.
THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS PROVIDED ON THE WEBSITES, INCLUDING TEXT, GRAPHICS, LINKS OR OTHER ITEMS, ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS. JFEW DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY OR COMPLETENESS OF INFORMATION AND MATERIALS ON THE WEBSITES AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN SUCH INFORMATION AND MATERIALS. JFEW DOES NOT WARRANT THE UNINTERRUPTED AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITES OR THE INFORMATION OR MATERIALS PROVIDED ON THE WEBSITES.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, JFEW HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY TYPE OF DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OR EXPENSES, IN EACH CASE ARISING FROM THE USE OR ATTEMPTED USE OF THE WEBSITES, ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS PROVIDED ON THE WEBSITES OR ANY LINKED SITE, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, OR COMMUNICATION LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE.
If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your Account, you agree to notify JFEW by telephone at (212) 288-3931, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing at the address below:
Jewish Foundation for Education of Women
135 East 64th Street
New York, NY 10065
Term and Termination
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any content on the Website infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) for further detail):
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that Website;
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address;
5. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
JFEW's designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is: Elizabeth Leiman Kraiem, e-mail: email@example.com, fax: 212-288-5798. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements set forth above, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
If you believe that content you submitted to a Website that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the content in your user submission, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
1. Your physical or electronic signature;
2. Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
3. A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
4. Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in New York, New York, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, JFEW may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, in 10 or more business days after receipt of the counter-notice, at JFEW's sole discretion.